Candidates must complete a minimum of 30 semester hours of graduate credit. Students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Earn credit in required courses toward a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership.
- Complete a capstone course.
- Complete a comprehensive project in Organizational Leadership, prepared and evaluated by at least three Graduate Faculty members in the area.
It is expected that students at the Command and General Staff College (CGSC) will transfer 6 credit hours to KU to satisfy the elective requirements below. Non-military students or those not enrolled at the CGSC will take these 6 elective hours through the KU Online MBA program.
Undergraduate prerequisites that were not completed during the undergraduate program must be taken during initial enrollment and do not count toward fulfillment of the degree requirement of 30 hours.
30 Credit Hour Program (online and classroom classes):
3 total credits – required online course
- MGMT 706: Managing People (3 cr.)
9 total credits – online courses (students must complete three)
- ACCT 706: Accounting (3 cr.)
- DSCI 706: Statistics (3 cr.)
- BE 718: Economics (3 cr.) or FIN 706: Finance (3 cr.)
- MKTG 706: Marketing (3 cr.)
12 total credits – classroom courses common for all students
- MGMT 7xa: Strategy and Organization Design (2 cr.)
- MGMT 705: Ethical Decision Making in Business (2 cr.)
- MGMT 7xb: Management Skills and Teams (2 cr.)
- MGMT 710: Leadership Philosophy and Practice (2 cr.)
- MGMT 728: Managing Strategic Direction and Change (2 cr.)
- MGMT 7xc: Leadership Capstone (capstone project) (2 cr.)
6 total credits – elective courses
- Recognized in coordination with Army University for elective coursework completed by resident Command and General Staff Officer Course students.
- Other students must complete elective coursework as part of the MS-OL program. These courses may be completed at the Edwards Campus or through the Online MBA.
30 Total Credits