Studying a foreign language at the University of Kansas is your first step towards a richer life. When you speak another language, it gives you access to new literature, new music, new art. It will multiply your job opportunities. It will allow you to move about more freely in today’s global society.
The University of Kansas offers over 40 foreign languages. Our faculty provides a wealth of knowledge about the cultures and languages of the world. We are home to twelve foreign language and culture focused departments, as well as five resource centers focused on foreign languages and area studies. You can choose from over 60 different degrees and concentrations, more than 140 study abroad programs, and you have access to a vast pool of undergraduate and graduate scholarships.
More information is available at: http://sllc.ku.edu/
- East Asian Languages & Cultures
- French, Francophone & Italian Studies
- Germanic Languages & Literatures
- Slavic Languages & Literatures
- Spanish & Portuguese
- African and African-American Studies
- Art History
- Center for East Asian Studies
- Center for Global & International Studies
- Center for Latin American & Caribbean Studies
- Center for Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies
- Kansas African Studies Center
- Religious Studies