Search Results

SPLH 864 Advanced Clinical Practice in Speech-Language Pathology

SPLH 864.  Advanced Clinical Practice in Speech-Language Pathology.  1-6 Credits.     

Students conduct supervised clinical work in a variety of settings. May be repeated for credit. Prerequisite: Department approval. Group and individual conferences with staff required.

Master of Arts in Speech-Language Pathology

The master's degree in speech-language pathology is designed to produce highly skilled clinicians seeking to enter the field and is typically completed in five full-time semesters (including a summer semester). The program length may vary, for example, for the student requiring prerequisites to be completed or one pursuing additional thesis or course work. A master's degree from KU will, in most circumstances, satisfy the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association 's certification standards for continuing on to the clinical fellowship year. A certificate of clinical competence in speech-language pathology is awarded upon completion of a successful clinical fellowship.

Doctor of Philosophy in Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology

The Intercampus Program in Communicative Disorders offers Ph.D. programs in both speech-language pathology and in audiology for post-baccalaureate study of normal and disordered aspects of communication. These programs are designed to prepare suitably qualified individuals for leadership positions in research and academia. A major focus of these programs is to advance the science of these fields, and to elucidate the scientific basis for the procedures and processes used in clinical practice. Students may pursue the Ph.D. in conjunction with entry-level clinical graduate degrees. As a result, the program offers both a combined M.A./Ph.D. and a combined Au.D./Ph.D. track. These tracks facilitate the completion of both degrees (the clinical graduate degree and the Ph.D.) in approximately a 6-year post-baccalaureate period. Students interested in the M.A./Ph.D track are encouraged to contact the program for information about the application process. Students who wish to earn both Au.D. and Ph.D. degrees should contact their advisor.