Master of Engineering in Aerospace Engineering
The aerospace engineering discipline involves the design, production, operation, and support of aircraft and spacecraft. Aerospace engineers solve problems, design aircraft and spacecraft, conduct research, and improve processes for the aerospace industry.
KU Aerospace Engineering is an international leader in aerospace education and is committed to developing a global community for students, educators, and researchers by strategically aligning teaching, research, and service missions. A world-class graduate and undergraduate education focused on designing, simulating, building, testing, and flying aerospace vehicles is provided. The department invests in research infrastructure and chooses outstanding students who will work with faculty and staff to conduct basic and applied research of relevance to aerospace vehicles and systems. The department supports the aerospace profession by educating the public, by maintaining the KU aerospace short-course program, and by advising policy-makers in government, industry, and disciplinary professional organizations.
The Aerospace Engineering graduate program objective is that our graduates contribute to the aerospace profession, related fields, and other disciplines through skilled professional practice in industry, government, and/or academia. Within a few years after graduation, we expect that:
- Graduates are meaningfully employed or continuing graduate study in aerospace or other high technology fields, with the majority retained in aerospace or closely related engineering
- Graduates have a positive professional career path including promotions, leadership, and/or continued education
- Graduates recognize the value of their educational preparation for their current and future professional endeavors
The Master of Engineering program in Aerospace Engineering (MEAE) is a program that emphasizes systems design and management skills and procedures. Our program is designed to achieve our objectives by establishing measurable learning outcomes which graduates of the program must demonstrate:
- The ability to effectively communicate advanced aerospace engineering and management concepts in writing and orally at a professional level.
- The ability to acquire new information to learn new concepts, build new skills, and engage in life‐long learning.