Master of Science in Computer Science
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
The technological advances that have made our society what it is today are due largely to the efforts of electrical engineers, computer engineers, and computer scientists. Among these advances are radio, television, telephones, wireless and mobile communications, personal computers, workstations, mainframe computers, aircraft avionics, satellite electronics, automobile electronics, office machinery, medical electronic equipment, video games, electric power generation and distribution systems, telecommunications, computer networks (including the Internet), personal entertainment products, radar, defense electronics, artificial intelligence, and a variety of computer software.
Vision and Mission
The vision of the EECS department is to provide a stimulating and challenging intellectual environment.
- To have classes populated by outstanding students.
- To be world class in an increasing number of selected areas of research.
- To have faculty members with high visibility among their peers.
The mission of the EECS department is
- To educate the next generation of electrical engineers, computer engineers, and computer scientists.
- To discover, apply, and disseminate knowledge.
- To be an asset to the community and to society.